Aside from being a beloved decorative houseplant and a go to sunburn remedy (hello summer), aloe vera plants have been used for centuries to support skin care, digestive health and so much more. This do-all succulent, whose leaves are packed with a clear gel rich in vitamins and minerals, does more than act as a topical skin treatment. These days the juices from aloe vera gel have gained popularity due their whole body benefits. When taken orally, aloe vera can work magic on your skin, gut, health and even organ function. Let’s dive in.
What is Aloe Vera Juice?
Aloe vera is a succulent plant typically found in tropical and dry climates. Its medicinal uses were first recorded as a way to treat sunburns, thanks to the gel’s soothing and moisturizing qualities. Aloe vera juice is the result of the leaf, and gel within the leaf, being crushed in order to extract all of the liquid inside. After the extraction, the liquid is purified and filtered until it reaches a juice-like consistency. For east consumption, the aloe vera juice is typically combined with flavoring or water for added taste and texture. Modifying this age-old health remedy into a modern tincture has become a great way to supplement your health with the vitamins from the aloe vera plant. The aloe vera plant is rich in amino acids, vitamins A, C, D, E and minerals like zinc, potassium and magnesium making the drink a magical, do-every-thing elixir for your health.
The Benefits of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice:
- Reduces Inflammation
- Aloe vera is naturally soothing, which is why it has been used topically for so long. When ingested orally, however, the body is still able to reap the soothing benefits of the plant, but in more targeted areas. Whether it’s for internal or external results, consuming aloe vera juice helps to reduce inflammation in the stomach, gums, joints, and muscles. The naturally antioxidant drink heals from within by counteracting oxidative stress (a.k.a the imbalance of free radicals), which helps protect cells.
- Clearer Skin
- The hydrating benefits of aloe vera juice alone can help improve complexion, but the additional antioxidants and vitamins from the aloe plant help take your skin from drab to fab. Thanks to the salicylic acid that naturally forms in aloe vera, drinking the plant’s juice is extra beneficial for healing acne prone skin. Plus its anti-inflammatory properties help with redness and irritation that comes with problem skin areas. To top it off, aloe vera acts as a natural moisturizer, helping to resolve eczema and psoriasis flare ups on the face and elsewhere.
- Halts Heartburn
- Drinking aloe vera juice has been shown to aid in the reduction of heartburn or acid reflux. This cure all can be credits the minerals found in the plant’s juice – like zinc, which helps combat the acidity in your stomach. Aloe vera juice is naturally alkaline which means it registers higher on the pH scale and has the power to balance out the gut microbiome.
- Aids in Digestion
- More and more research is proving that a healthy gut equates to a healthier life and drinking aloe vera has a positive effect on digestion, especially constipation. The enzymes contained in aloe vera juice help to break down sugar and fats that keep the gut running properly. A poorly functioning gut can result in weight gain, anxiety and depression, chronic illness and constipation. Aloe vera juice is able to help form healthy bacteria in the gut that works to decrease stomach irritation, IBS and other inflammatory issues that make digestion and excretion more difficult.
- Hydrates More Efficiently
- Aloe vera juice may be filled with vitamins and minerals, but most of the plant is water, which is of course, super hydrating when consumed. Drinking aloe vera juice is an excellent way to maintain hydration which also helps to detox the body and remove impurities. Staying hydrated is an essential pillar of health as it helps keep weight off, keeps your body energized and replenishes your organs. Additionally, aloe vera juice (especially flavored concentrates of the extract) simply taste better than normal water and it’s important to not underestimate the power of craving hydration.
- Detoxes Organs
- The detoxifying qualities of aloe vera juice are an excellent way to keep your body healthy and functioning properly. Rich in phytonutrients, aloe vera juice is able to hydrate the liver and kidney which helps them detoxify and keeps your body running smoothly.
- Provides Daily Nutrients
- Drinking aloe vera juice is an easy, delicious, and sustainable way to take in some of the most important nutrients. Filled with vitamins and minerals like vitamin B, C, E and folic acid, there are also amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc and more which help to nourish your body. Plus aloe vera is one of the only plant sources for vitamin B-12 which is essential for the nervous system and can typically only be found in meat, fish, poultry, eggs and dairy.
How to Get the Most from Drinking Aloe Vera Juice
Bottom line, aloe vera juice is a chock full of mystifying qualities that promote better health, skin and hydration. The powerful antioxidant compounds ease inflammation and improve digestion while providing key nutrients that are otherwise hard to maintain outside of daily supplements. Take control of your health with Herbal Aloe Concentrate, a premium-quality aloe vera juice formulated with only the best aloe vera plants. Available in several delicious flavors, this aloe juice concentrate is zero calories, making it a great replacement for high-sugar soda or juices. Just combine the concentrate with water and enjoy the nutrient packed benefits of clearer skin and a healthier gut, all from aloe vera juice. Aloe vera is a tried and trusted medicinal do-all plant and now you can enjoy the benefits daily with Herbal Aloe Concentrate.
Hydrate better starting today with Herbal Aloe Concentrate.